Prelegent: Szymon Ramczykowski
When it comes to test automation of web application, most of the testers think about Selenium and front end tests. If we are using only Selenium for testing whole functionality, we might end up with enormous number of flaky tests that are hard to maintain, and last way too long. My workshop is directed to anyone interested in gaining knowledge how to write fast and reliable tests in Java using Rest-assured library. I would like to shortly explain, why it is important to limit front end tests, and ensure that critical functionality is covered without clicking through the browser. Most of the workshop will be in the form of practical exercises with code, that will be run against a real application.
- It will be “bring your own laptop” workshop.
- Basic Java knowledge required.
- Tested app will be provided via url or virtual machine.
- Skeleton of test framework and instruction how to prepare working environment will be provided on github.
- Rest assured overview.
- Handling authentication
- Handling requests.
- Handling response data.
- Using response data in requests.
- Using json body in requests.
- Creating end2end scenarios.
- Using Rest-assured
- as setup for UI tests
Exact coverage will depend on group progress during workshop.